We love challenges! Under this motto, our 500 employees, of which about 80 are primarily concerned with data at locations in Amsterdam (NL), Cologne (DE), and Lithuania combine their know-how in the areas of strategy, data, creation, marketing, and technology – always on the lookout for outstanding solutions. As an award-winning Microsoft Gold Partner and Platinum Sitecore Partner, we also rely on high-quality technical expertise.
Data is hot, especially in these times. Many companies see the added value of data, but do not yet have a clear understanding of this. Macaw helps customers with this by inspiring and guiding them towards a future-proof and valuable data platform that can support all traditional and innovative data-driven workloads so that the customer has valuable information. We do this at Basic-Fit , Heineken, PWN, Vivat, Henkel and ABN AMRO, among others.
Working at Macaw as a Data Engineer
Together with 500 international colleagues, we focus on delivering the best digital solutions to make our customers successful. You will work in a team of 60 dedicated Data & Analytics professionals. We cover the full range of data: from traditional Business Intelligence solutions and Smart Data Platforms (SDP) to more advanced Analytics solutions with AI and Data Science. We choose to focus on the Microsoft BI Stack. Within the Data & Analytics team, we have MVP Marc Lelijveld.
We believe that working together is a combination of individual and team responsibility, while maintaining a professional working relationship. This entails addressing behavior and helping each other, finding balance with each other, sharing knowledge and of course celebrating successes together. We are a passionate club of professionals who work hard and have a lot of fun.
As a Data Engineer, you will
- Advise our customers about the technical possibilities and conditions in the Data & Analytics field.
- Together with your team you will design, realize and implement D&A applications, smart big-data platforms and self-service BI solutions.
- You will be involved in the design of architectures and the built and deployment with Azure DevOps and Azure Services.
- You will also configure ETL and Azure Data Factory pipelines and perform data engineering.
The colleagues in the team have extensive technical knowledge of existing technology such as the Azure Data Platform, SQL Datawarehouse, Azure Data Lake and Azure Databricks. In addition, we work with the latest technologies, such as Azure Synapse.
What are we looking for?
Because you will work for different Macaw clients, it is important that you follow the latest trends in the data field. In addition to the success of our customers, you also work on your own development. In short, as part of an expert and driven team of functional and technical Specialists, Consultants and Architects, you shape your future at Macaw in a way that best suits your personality and ambition.
- SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- MS SQL
- Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks experience would be an advantage
What can you expect from Macaw?
An amazing role in which you can combine your technical skills and coaching skills. We also offer you:
- Competitive salary, depending on knowledge and experience
- Additional holiday days
- Flexible working hours & work from home
- Budget for home-office equipment
- 50% discount on lunch
- Company Contributions for Supplementary Health Insurance (full-coverage by Compensa)
- Own training budget and plenty of room for development and growth objectives, which you will determine together with your people manager
- The annual trip abroad with the entire company and much more company events
- Referral program and bonuses
- Recognition and appreciation for your work
- Well-known customers, attractive brands, and demanding projects that you can be proud of
- Responsibility and scope for your own projects
Salary range: 3000-6000 gross